The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration has temporarily shuttered 37 companies based in the city since full large-scale restrictions (PSBB) were reimposed in the capital earlier this week due to mounting COVID-19 cases.
Jakarta Manpower and Transmigration Agency head Andri Yansyah said his office had inspected COVID-19 protocols at 287 companies across the city.
Based on the inspection, 37 companies in the capital were instructed to close temporarily following reports of confirmed COVID-19 cases and low compliance with health protocols.
“As of the fifth day of the PSBB, 37 companies have been temporarily closed,” Andri said in a statement on Saturday as quoted by kompas.com.
He said that 17 of the 37 companies were temporarily shuttered after several employees were found to have contracted COVID-19. However, Andri stopped short of disclosing the names of the companies.
The agency previously established an online channel, bit.ly/covid19perusahaan, where employees are able to report probable and confirmed COVID-19 cases in their workplaces.
“We hereby open this channel to the general public so they can report the condition of their offices. This channel serves as a reference for our inspections,” Andri said on Friday.
The provincial administration reimposed the PSBB on Monday to contain the spread of COVID-19, as the number of cases kept surging across the capital. The restrictions will remain in place until Sept. 27 and may be extended beyond that.
During the PSBB, workplaces in 11 essential sectors – including health, food, energy, communications, finance, logistics and daily needs retail – are only allowed to operate at 50 percent of their usual capacity.
Meanwhile, private companies outside these sectors, as well as government offices, must implement work-from-home policies and allow no more than 25 percent of their employees to work at the office at the same time. (rfa)