Fly to you: Two dancers perform the Kidung Tengger dance at Mount Bromo, East Java. (JP/Sigit Pamungkas)
The Creative Economy Agency (Bekraf) has come up with a creative way to boost the tourism ministry’s 10 Priority Destinations, by making movies.
Bekraf’s research, education and development deputy Abdur Rohim Boy Berawi said a total of 10 directors were chosen to work on 10 feature-length fictions, set in the 10 Priority Destinations.
This project is still in the early stages and Bekraf is going to meet with prospective investors in a forum for Akatara 2017 movie funding.
“This program of 10 movies-based-on-tourist-destin
For this program, Berkraf partnered up with Indonesian Film Directors Club (IFDC) to select the directors that are deemed perfect for the projects. These directors would then be sent to the 10 destinations for research.
“Their inspiration is based on the local culture and potential. The synopsis will be included in the proposal that is going to be presented at Akatara,” added Abdur.
Akatara is a new program from Bekraf for film, animation and video subsector. The forum will be held in Jakarta on November 15 – 16 where prospective investors will be invited to see 40 movie projects presented by Bekraf.
10 Priority Destinations, also known as 10 New Balis, was first introduced by tourism minister Arief Yahya in 2016. Destinations that are included in the list are Lake Toba in North Sumatra, Belitung in Bangka Belitung, Tanjung Lesung in Banten, Thousand Islands in DKI Jakarta, Borobudur Temple in Central Java, Mount Bromo in East Java, Mandalika Lombok in West Nusa Tenggara, Komodo Island in East Nusa Tenggara, Wakatobi National Park in Southeast Sulawesi and Morotai in North Maluku.
The tourism ministry has previously supported the movie Trinity: The Nekad Traveler that boosted tourism in Lampung.
The ministry's archipelago tourism marketing development deputy Esthy Reko Astuti appreciated the work of Bekraf and directors in conducting this program. She explained that there are at least four ways that can improve Indonesian tourism, this concept is known as ABCGM (academic, business, community, government, media).
“In the ministry, we acknowledge the roles of academic, business and community in attracting travel bloggers, film communities and others,” Esthy said.
Below is the list of the 10 directors along with the movie locations and plotlines
1. Lasja Susanto, romantic drama set in Borobudur Temple, Central Java
2. Kamila Andini, family drama at the center of Tenggerese culture in Bromo, East Java
3. Adrianto Sinaga, historical drama set in Lake Toba, West Sumatra
4. Agung Sentausa, women-centered cultural drama set in Labuan Bajo, East Nua Tenggara
5. Viva Westi, family drama set in Mandalika, West Nusa Tenggara
6. Pritagita Arianegara, drama revolves around a honeymooning couple in Morotai, Maluku
7. Paul Agusta, family comedy-drama set in Thousand Islands
8. Robby Ertanto, family drama set in Tanjung Kelayang, Bangka Belitung
9. Yosep Anggi Noen, fishermen-related drama in Tanjung Lesung, West Java
10. Kuntz Agus, drama that highlights the strength of expecting mothers in Wakatobi, Southeast Sulawesi
Your premium period will expire in 0 day(s)close x