Off-grid green energy: Revolution to evolution
Lead of community renewable energy program — CDM Smith
PREMIUM Indonesia has reached a nearly 97 percent ratio of villages with electricity, in which over 2,500 villages had no electricity in 2014. The plan of state-owned electric company PLN to build more power plants is merely to cover 504 villages up to 2019 (Central Statistics Agency [BPS], 2015), which implies that more than 2,000 villages will still not be electrified by 2019. This poses both a challeng...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Papuans celebrate womanhood in mangrove forest
- Female baristas serve free coffee at Jakarta Kota Station