Off-grid green energy: Revolution to evolution
Lead of community renewable energy program — CDM Smith
PREMIUM Indonesia has reached a nearly 97 percent ratio of villages with electricity, in which over 2,500 villages had no electricity in 2014. The plan of state-owned electric company PLN to build more power plants is merely to cover 504 villages up to 2019 (Central Statistics Agency [BPS], 2015), which implies that more than 2,000 villages will still not be electrified by 2019. This poses both a challeng...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Sri Mulyani criticizes poor budget planning by government institutions
- Clooneys donate $500,000 to student gun reform march
- Indonesia prepares four fiscal incentives to boost investment
- Q&A: What you need to know about Ahok's case review petition
- Seven lesser-known dive areas in Indonesia
- Qatar Airways receives world’s first Airbus A350-1000
- Jokowi redeems Metallica double-LP set from KPK
- Minister to evaluate Waskita’s board of directors over accident
- Dementia clearly linked to chronic boozing: Study
- BTN, Generali introduce insurance product for mortgage customers