Science of bioinformatics counters anti-vaccine hoax
Arli Aditya Parikesit
Heads the Bioinformatics Department at the Indonesia International Institute for Life Sciences
An anti-vaccine movement has been overwhelming social media in our country. They are well organized and respond swiftly to any counterattack aimed at their campaign. What they are ignoring is a World Health Organization (WHO) publication, which states that vaccination greatly reduces diseases and economic impacts.
It is interesting that the anti-vaccine movement was first popularize...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Supermodel reunion at blockbuster Versace tribute in Milan
- Travel fair to boost Garuda’s business
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Google looking to help news outlets win subscribers
- Mamma Mia! British star Colin Firth is now Italian