Science of bioinformatics counters anti-vaccine hoax
Arli Aditya Parikesit
Heads the Bioinformatics Department at the Indonesia International Institute for Life Sciences
An anti-vaccine movement has been overwhelming social media in our country. They are well organized and respond swiftly to any counterattack aimed at their campaign. What they are ignoring is a World Health Organization (WHO) publication, which states that vaccination greatly reduces diseases and economic impacts.
It is interesting that the anti-vaccine movement was first popularize...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Indonesia to auction 43 oil and gas blocks by March
- Chris Hemsworth is done with being Thor ‘contractually’ after fourth movie
- Jokowi calls on banks to expand credits to small businesses
- Post-reform ethnic Chinese paintings
- Australian Open: Tantrums, trolls and temperature tumbles
- 9 TED Talks to help you through your quarter-life crisis
- Booby-trapped messaging apps used for spying: researchers
- Student dies after being hit by Transjakarta bus
- Here's what Celine Dion's Diamond ticket will give you
- Indonesia, Bangladesh kick off pre-trade talks