Science of bioinformatics counters anti-vaccine hoax
Arli Aditya Parikesit
Heads the Bioinformatics Department at the Indonesia International Institute for Life Sciences
An anti-vaccine movement has been overwhelming social media in our country. They are well organized and respond swiftly to any counterattack aimed at their campaign. What they are ignoring is a World Health Organization (WHO) publication, which states that vaccination greatly reduces diseases and economic impacts.
It is interesting that the anti-vaccine movement was first popularize...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau
- Dutch, Australia say Russia behind downing MH17
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China