Urgently needed: The indigenous peoples bill
Founder of Intermatrix Communications, which advises the civil society group Indigenous Peoples Alliance of the Archipelago (AMAN)
Nowadays, the House of Representatives is the object of public disdain because of the members’ involvement in numerous corruption scandals and the blatant transactional politics that is becoming standard practice. Much of this disrespect is well deserved, especially in the light of expectations of the post-1998 euphoria of democracy and governance.
But if you look closer, ther...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- 'Millennial bravery' and taking the fight against corruption online
- Jakarta designates lane for motorcycles
- Indonesia plans to export LNG to Pakistan, Bangladesh
- Anies launches first housing project with zero down payment
- ‘Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition’ slated for March
- Commentary: 'Minor reshuffle' and Jokowi's own political survival
- Turkey starts lifting stricken plane from cliff
- Chance to push for IMF quota reform?
- BMW ranks first, Subaru rated worst in electric vehicle survey
- Jakarta hospitals face perennial problems