Urgently needed: The indigenous peoples bill
Founder of Intermatrix Communications, which advises the civil society group Indigenous Peoples Alliance of the Archipelago (AMAN)
Nowadays, the House of Representatives is the object of public disdain because of the members’ involvement in numerous corruption scandals and the blatant transactional politics that is becoming standard practice. Much of this disrespect is well deserved, especially in the light of expectations of the post-1998 euphoria of democracy and governance.
But if you look closer, ther...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Suharto's youngest son in new push to get into Indonesian politics
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- For bankers transplanted by Brexit, a guide to life in Frankfurt