Insight: Why ASEAN needs 'decentralize' regionalism
Evan A. Laksmana
Researcher at the Centre for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
PREMIUM The 31st ASEAN Summit and its related meetings, including the East Asia Summit (EAS), will take place on Nov. 10-13. Lost in the brouhaha over Donald Trump’s attendance and ongoing tensions on the Korean Peninsula, is the critical agenda of ASEAN Secretariat (ASEC) reform. Prompted by the infamous 2012 Cambodian chairmanship, regional leaders declared at the 2014 ASEAN Summit in Myanmar t...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement
- Third coalition at stake after Muhaimin's maneuver
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- KPK raids PLN president director's house in Jakarta
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world