Insight: Why ASEAN needs 'decentralize' regionalism
Evan A. Laksmana
Researcher at the Centre for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
PREMIUM The 31st ASEAN Summit and its related meetings, including the East Asia Summit (EAS), will take place on Nov. 10-13. Lost in the brouhaha over Donald Trump’s attendance and ongoing tensions on the Korean Peninsula, is the critical agenda of ASEAN Secretariat (ASEC) reform. Prompted by the infamous 2012 Cambodian chairmanship, regional leaders declared at the 2014 ASEAN Summit in Myanmar t...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- 8.2 magnitude quake hits off coast of Alaska: USGS
- Jakarta Planetarium to host public lunar eclipse observation on Jan 31
- Depok men arrested for allegedly uploading sex video
- Auction lowered price of industrial sugar, Trade Ministry says
- BREAKING: Strong 6.4 earthquake hits Banten, no tsunami warning
- Earthquake leads to traffic jams in Jakarta
- Defector soldier 'committed murder in North Korea': report
- Jokowi criticizes regions for lengthy business permit issuance
- Hundreds of houses damaged by Lebak earthquake
- BI to punish payment service providers using Bitcoin