Insight: Why ASEAN needs 'decentralize' regionalism
Evan A. Laksmana
Researcher at the Centre for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
PREMIUM The 31st ASEAN Summit and its related meetings, including the East Asia Summit (EAS), will take place on Nov. 10-13. Lost in the brouhaha over Donald Trump’s attendance and ongoing tensions on the Korean Peninsula, is the critical agenda of ASEAN Secretariat (ASEC) reform. Prompted by the infamous 2012 Cambodian chairmanship, regional leaders declared at the 2014 ASEAN Summit in Myanmar t...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Driver named suspect after death of toddler in East Jakarta
- Landslide damages house in Depok
- No ticketing on first day of Sudirman-Thamrin odd-even trial run
- Kremlin, on possible missile delivery to Syria, says Western strike soured atmosphere