Insight: Why ASEAN needs 'decentralize' regionalism
Evan A. Laksmana
Researcher at the Centre for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
PREMIUM The 31st ASEAN Summit and its related meetings, including the East Asia Summit (EAS), will take place on Nov. 10-13. Lost in the brouhaha over Donald Trump’s attendance and ongoing tensions on the Korean Peninsula, is the critical agenda of ASEAN Secretariat (ASEC) reform. Prompted by the infamous 2012 Cambodian chairmanship, regional leaders declared at the 2014 ASEAN Summit in Myanmar t...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- 17 missing students in North Sumatra flood rescued
- 19 killed, dozens missing in floods striking N. Sumatra
- #UninstallGojek trends after executive shows support for LGBT community
- Thousands march in Chicago against Trump's 'anti-woman agenda'
- Netherlands appeals court ruling that finds it liable for Indonesian's torture
- Floods, landslide kill nine in West Sumatra, Riau
- US wants "regime change" in Iran: Rouhani
- KPK urged to be resolute in solving IndonesiaLeaks report case
- Beauty from a Korean perspective
- Erdogan, Saudi king discuss case of missing journalist: Turkish presidency