Local people partnership can combat climate change
Indonesia country director of IDH-Sustainable Trade Initiative
PREMIUM Keeping forests intact is key to climate change mitigation and sustainable development. This includes sustainably managing existing forests and restoring degraded ones, in which people, especially local communities, need to lead. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), as the leading global platform for climate experts, consistently reports that the world’s forests have a ce...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Driver named suspect after death of toddler in East Jakarta
- Landslide damages house in Depok
- No ticketing on first day of Sudirman-Thamrin odd-even trial run
- Kremlin, on possible missile delivery to Syria, says Western strike soured atmosphere