Local people partnership can combat climate change
Indonesia country director of IDH-Sustainable Trade Initiative
PREMIUM Keeping forests intact is key to climate change mitigation and sustainable development. This includes sustainably managing existing forests and restoring degraded ones, in which people, especially local communities, need to lead. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), as the leading global platform for climate experts, consistently reports that the world’s forests have a ce...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- 17 missing students in North Sumatra flood rescued
- 19 killed, dozens missing in floods striking N. Sumatra
- #UninstallGojek trends after executive shows support for LGBT community
- Thousands march in Chicago against Trump's 'anti-woman agenda'
- Netherlands appeals court ruling that finds it liable for Indonesian's torture
- Floods, landslide kill nine in West Sumatra, Riau
- US wants "regime change" in Iran: Rouhani
- KPK urged to be resolute in solving IndonesiaLeaks report case
- Beauty from a Korean perspective
- Erdogan, Saudi king discuss case of missing journalist: Turkish presidency