Securing the social license to operate
Chief executive officer of Standard Chartered, Singapore and ASEAN Markets
PREMIUM Asia has achieved remarkable growth and prosperity over the past decades. It is not without costs though. Part of the region’s rapid expansion happened at the expense of its environment and scarce natural resources. To ensure that our economies can continue to develop and grow sustainably, we need to continuously ask ourselves: What intervention do companies have to make today to be opera...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Supreme Court pick's accuser agrees to testify Thursday
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?