Why banking sector's role remains small
Abdul Manap Pulungan
Researcher at the Institute for Development of Economics and Finance (Indef)
PREMIUM The World Economic Forum’s 2017-2018 Global Competitiveness report places Indonesia in 36th place, up from 41st last year. However, Indonesia’s position is still lower than its peers, particularly when compared to Thailand ( 32 ), Malaysia ( 23 ) and Singapore (3). The report methodology considers basic requirements, efficiency enhancers and innovation and sophistication factors. Th...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- We deserve more choices
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Wiji Thukul's daughter heals tragedy with poetry
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday