Why banking sector's role remains small
Abdul Manap Pulungan
Researcher at the Institute for Development of Economics and Finance (Indef)
PREMIUM The World Economic Forum’s 2017-2018 Global Competitiveness report places Indonesia in 36th place, up from 41st last year. However, Indonesia’s position is still lower than its peers, particularly when compared to Thailand ( 32 ), Malaysia ( 23 ) and Singapore (3). The report methodology considers basic requirements, efficiency enhancers and innovation and sophistication factors. Th...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters