Why banking sector's role remains small
Abdul Manap Pulungan
Researcher at the Institute for Development of Economics and Finance (Indef)
PREMIUM The World Economic Forum’s 2017-2018 Global Competitiveness report places Indonesia in 36th place, up from 41st last year. However, Indonesia’s position is still lower than its peers, particularly when compared to Thailand ( 32 ), Malaysia ( 23 ) and Singapore (3). The report methodology considers basic requirements, efficiency enhancers and innovation and sophistication factors. Th...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- US, Japan assist South Korea on historic summits with North Korea
- Earthquake strikes Banten, tremors felt in Jakarta
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam