Why banking sector's role remains small
Abdul Manap Pulungan
Researcher at the Institute for Development of Economics and Finance (Indef)
PREMIUM The World Economic Forum’s 2017-2018 Global Competitiveness report places Indonesia in 36th place, up from 41st last year. However, Indonesia’s position is still lower than its peers, particularly when compared to Thailand ( 32 ), Malaysia ( 23 ) and Singapore (3). The report methodology considers basic requirements, efficiency enhancers and innovation and sophistication factors. Th...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Surfer severely mauled by shark in Australia
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Hummingbirds thrive at innovative Mexico gardens
- They played dead on the ground: Survivor recounts OPM massacre
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Women accuse famous Brazil spiritual 'healer' of sex abuse
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Garuda Indonesia takes passengers on trip to 1980s
- Why do we feel sleepy after eating a meal?