Why banking sector's role remains small
Abdul Manap Pulungan
Researcher at the Institute for Development of Economics and Finance (Indef)
PREMIUM The World Economic Forum’s 2017-2018 Global Competitiveness report places Indonesia in 36th place, up from 41st last year. However, Indonesia’s position is still lower than its peers, particularly when compared to Thailand ( 32 ), Malaysia ( 23 ) and Singapore (3). The report methodology considers basic requirements, efficiency enhancers and innovation and sophistication factors. Th...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Cryptocurrency rivals snap at Bitcoin's heels
- Bank Indonesia, police prevent bitcoin transactions in Bali
- BREAKING: Indonesia's Stock Exchange evacuated after floor collapse
- Building management should be held accountable for IDX collapse: Consumers foundation
- More than 70 admitted to hospitals following collapse at IDX building
- Celine Dion Jakarta concert ticket prices announced
- Road near IDX closed until Tuesday
- Stock Exchange building-worthiness certificate expires this month: Anies
- Anies plans to return 'becak' to Jakarta streets
- Airbus floats shutdown of A380 superjumbo as orders stall