Why care about global migration?
Febrian A. Ruddyard
Director general for multilateral cooperation at the Foreign Ministry
PREMIUM Migration, which relates to the movement of persons from one place to another, is best described in numbers. In its 2017 International Migration Report, the United Nations revealed that the number of international migrants had neared 258 million, up by almost 50 percent from the mark in 2000. Since the planet is inhabited by around 7.55 billion humans, the number of international migrants const...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim-friendly apps
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross-hairs after poll upset
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Indian child killer sentenced to death 23 days after arrest, raises fears over t...
- Teen suspect killed 6-year-old girl over parents' quarrel: Police
- Not wearing correct uniform, students told to do exams outdoors