Why care about global migration?
Febrian A. Ruddyard
Director general for multilateral cooperation at the Foreign Ministry
PREMIUM Migration, which relates to the movement of persons from one place to another, is best described in numbers. In its 2017 International Migration Report, the United Nations revealed that the number of international migrants had neared 258 million, up by almost 50 percent from the mark in 2000. Since the planet is inhabited by around 7.55 billion humans, the number of international migrants const...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights