Why care about global migration?
Febrian A. Ruddyard
Director general for multilateral cooperation at the Foreign Ministry
PREMIUM Migration, which relates to the movement of persons from one place to another, is best described in numbers. In its 2017 International Migration Report, the United Nations revealed that the number of international migrants had neared 258 million, up by almost 50 percent from the mark in 2000. Since the planet is inhabited by around 7.55 billion humans, the number of international migrants const...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- Ed Sheeran on BTS: ‘I think they are great’
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Foreign investors allowed to own 100% shares in 25 business units
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Afghan refugees stage protest in Medan, asking to be sent to Oz, US
- Whale shark seen in Jakarta Bay
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty