Will rookies rock the 2019 elections?
Gun Gun Heryanto
Executive director of the Political Literacy Institute
The battle for legislative seats has begun, although the election will only take place in April next year. Each political party has established its own formal identity on which to capitalize to woo support from the electorate, which will number about 196.5 million.
The General Elections Commission (KPU) has declared that 14 political parties would be eligible to contest the ra...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- Missing giant yellow duck found in Australia
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals