Pianists must learn to swim, not just dive
Composer and founder of the Ananda Sukarlan Award Piano Competition
The real issue that concerns a young pianist’s career is not winning competitions, but what to do after they win (or fail). This concerns not only the pianist, but it is also a big issue for the competition’s organizer: how to promote the winning musician and present them to the “real world” through promoters.
A piano competition is not synonymous with ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Instant Noodle Longform