Refugees: Doing it for themselves!
Author of Julia's Jihad
When you hear the name Albert Einstein (1879-1955), what comes to mind? Physicist. E=mc2. Theory of Relativity. Nobel laureate. Genius. But did you know he was also a refugee?
Yup, when Adolf Hitler came to power in 1933, Einstein was already a well-known physicist in his native Germany, having won the Nobel Prize in 1921. Due to the persecution he suffered as a Jew, he fled G...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Moon, Kim get peace award from Indonesian community
- Only 2% of ads show women as leaders: Study
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja stuns 'American Idol' judges
- Here comes Bui Squad: Palu inmates help earthquake, tsunami survivors
- Nudist beach surfer punches shark to escape attack
- Dark side of K-pop: The East Light leader claims years of abuse
- Saudi Arabia deployed Twitter army against critics: NY Times
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- North Korea's box of bones: A mythical king and the dream of Korean unification
- Partygoers burn police vehicles after being denied dancing