Doubts still surround implementation of Halal Law
Sri Rahayu Hijrah Hati
Director of the Islamic Business Undergraduate Program of the Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Indonesia
PREMIUM As the country with the largest Muslim population in the world, coupled with its growing middle class, Indonesia has great potential to become a major hub in the international halal market. The government issued a law to regulate halal products in 2014 to support the halal market, but it is still ineffective because a number of regulations to implement the law have not been issued. Halal Law...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...