Dangdut singer faces Bandung ban over 'sexy' act
Yuli Tri Suwarni
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Bandung Mayor Dada Rosada said Tuesday he would bar dangdut singer Dewi Persik from performing in the city unless she toned down her stage act, which he described as sexually provocative. "I'm not banning Dewi from Bandung, but I will prevent her from performing with her current style. But if she wants to change her act and appearance, then she can play here," Dada said in Bandu...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- House lawmaker supports rupiah redenomination
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Minister Susi rejects idea to auction off confiscated fishing boats