Presidential candidates told to resign
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM State officials wishing to contest the presidential and vice presidential election next year will have to resign from their posts at least nine months before voting commences, a bill says. The House of Representatives' special committee deliberating the presidential election bill proposed the polls be held during the first week of July in 2009. "That means the presidential and...
- UPDATED: Jakarta-born Rich Chigga tells Rolling Stone why he moved to LA
- Four Indonesian destinations named best dive sites in Asia by CNN
- House’s Instagram tirade against KPK goes viral
- Election bill passed, presidential threshold intact
- Orangutan conservation: Government agencies no 'cleaning service'
- Global drug rings target Indonesia after shifting from Philippines: BNN
- Italian citizen busted for possessing 'ajapa japa' tobacco
- Medieval Europe’s ‘divine obsession’ with Indonesian spices
- Halal certification shouldn’t burden industry: F&B producers
- Lawmakers turn up in droves for election bill showdown