Should English be taught at primary level?
Mochamad Subhan Zein
Jakarta | Sat, November 15 2008 | 10:58 am
PREMIUMEnglish has been very influential in Asia's language educational policies and practices for the past couple of years. Assuming children's superiority in language learning over that of adults, many Asian countries believe that introducing English to primary students is considerably important to ensure their success. Whereas English is a compulsory subject in Singapore and the Philippines,...
- Jakarta shocked by deadly bombings days before Ramadhan
- Kampung Melayu suicide bomber identified
- #PrayForJakarta, #KamiTidakTakut trend worldwide following bomb blast
- Film inspired by 212 rally to hit cinemas
- Police find links between Jakarta twin bombings and Bandung bombing
- UK issues travel warning after Kampung Melayu bombings
- East Jakarta suicide blasts likely linked to IS: Police
- Pressure cooker bombs used in Kampung Melayu attack: Police
- Jakarta bombing attack a retaliation against police: Analyst
- Jakarta suicide bombing kills three police officers