Lawang Sewu: Ahaunted, sad place
Simon Marcus Gower, Contributor
PREMIUM Framed view: The internal courtyard is attractively framed by galleries and cloisters. JP/Simon Marcus Gower Looming magnificently and yet sadly, over a major traffic island in central Semarang stands the building known as Lawang Sewu. Lawang Sewu has many tales to tell but today it is quite tragically neglected and wasting away. This grand building stands empty and, in parts, is des...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- Florida cities are most at risk from climate change: Report
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey