Lawang Sewu: Ahaunted, sad place
Simon Marcus Gower, Contributor
PREMIUM Framed view: The internal courtyard is attractively framed by galleries and cloisters. JP/Simon Marcus Gower Looming magnificently and yet sadly, over a major traffic island in central Semarang stands the building known as Lawang Sewu. Lawang Sewu has many tales to tell but today it is quite tragically neglected and wasting away. This grand building stands empty and, in parts, is des...
- All ASEAN countries but Indonesia ban cigarette advertising
- Two sisters commit suicide by jumping from apartment
- Thousands sign up for Bogor Palace tour
- China urges US to stop 'unfriendly' recon flights
- Fires burn 64 hectares of land in West Aceh
- Jakarta Council sees decline in performance of 'orange troops'
- PAN refuses to withdraw from Cabinet
- Hundreds of 'ojek' drivers block South Jakarta road
- EDITORIAL: Children and social media
- Where is the disability? My stumps don't define me