Lawang Sewu: Ahaunted, sad place
Simon Marcus Gower, Contributor
PREMIUM Framed view: The internal courtyard is attractively framed by galleries and cloisters. JP/Simon Marcus Gower Looming magnificently and yet sadly, over a major traffic island in central Semarang stands the building known as Lawang Sewu. Lawang Sewu has many tales to tell but today it is quite tragically neglected and wasting away. This grand building stands empty and, in parts, is des...
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- Does playing action video games change your brain?
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president
- All work and no play leads to burnout, says new study
- US wants no mention of `Climate Change' in new Nafta