WB, ADB financing model under fire
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Why do the World Bank (WB) and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) finance coal-fired energy instead of geothermal and solar energy, and why do they finance the development of roads and not railway lines? Emil Salim, a former minister for the environment during Soeharto's time, has the answer. "The key is you pick up projects that are helpful in reducing *poverty and unemployment...
- Is one day strolling in Seoul enough?
- Album Review: 'Automatic for the people' by R.E.M
- At least 200 killed in gun and bomb attack on mosque in Egypt
- Saudi crown prince calls Iran's supreme leader 'new Hitler'
- Luhut rejects PLN’s wish to review agreements with power producers
- Tourism ministry holds human resources training in Surabaya
- Police uncover alleged human trafficking of Indonesians into China
- Jokowi inaugurates Silangit International Airport
- Indonesian, Japanese fishermen await repatriation after capsizing
- Ministers plan talks on request to block Airbnb