WB, ADB financing model under fire
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Why do the World Bank (WB) and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) finance coal-fired energy instead of geothermal and solar energy, and why do they finance the development of roads and not railway lines? Emil Salim, a former minister for the environment during Soeharto's time, has the answer. "The key is you pick up projects that are helpful in reducing *poverty and unemployment...
- Jakarta-born Rich Chigga tells Rolling Stone why he moved to LA
- Four Indonesian destinations named best dive sites in Asia by CNN
- Orangutan conservation: Government agencies no 'cleaning service'
- House’s Instagram tirade against KPK goes viral
- Lawmakers turn up in droves for election bill showdown
- Global drug rings target Indonesia after shifting from Philippines: BNN
- Italian citizen busted for possessing 'ajapa japa' tobacco
- Police declare tougher approach against foreign drug smugglers
- Hizbut Tahrir may file lawsuit against disbandment: Police
- Halal certification shouldn’t burden industry: F&B producers