WB, ADB financing model under fire
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Why do the World Bank (WB) and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) finance coal-fired energy instead of geothermal and solar energy, and why do they finance the development of roads and not railway lines? Emil Salim, a former minister for the environment during Soeharto's time, has the answer. "The key is you pick up projects that are helpful in reducing *poverty and unemployment...
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Man dies of exhaustion on South Jakarta road
- Child beggar coordinators arrested in Depok
- Don't panic, minister says as rupiah weakens
- Rp 1 trillion invested through Bareksa digital investment portal
- Big secrets, bumper box-office for 'Avengers: Infinity War'
- Government, marketplaces team up to encourage SMEs to go online