The battle to defend military history
Matheor Viktor Messakh
The Jakarta Post
Perhaps because most of them were built during the colonial era, they have never really been regarded as part of our history.
For thousands of years, humans have been building fortifications, as military constructions designed for defense during war, in a variety of complex designs.
Although many of the fortifications in Indonesia were built before colonialism, a grea...
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- Costly holiday
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official
- Everest's Hillary Step now a 'slope': Climber