The Suramadu Bridge
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM When President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono inaugurates the 5.4-kilometer long Suramadu (Surabaya-Madura) bridge today (Wednesday), many Indonesians may sing “Dari Sabang Sampai Merauke” (From Sabang to Merauke) song, one of our national songs frequently sung by Indonesian children at elementary school. Let us forget – at least for a while – the presidential campaign, hum the popular song ...
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games