Wayang used to promote family planning program in Java
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The first in a series of traditional wayang shadow puppet performances was held recently in Yogyakarta, loaded with messages to promote family planning among grass-roots people in Javanese-speaking regions. The first of the performances was held on Saturday evening in Yogyakarta and two performances are scheduled to follow in Salatiga and Wonogiri, both in the neighboring province of Central ...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga