More countries pledge aid for quake victims
Veeramalla Anjaiah and Febriyan
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Mother Nature has been cruel to the people of Padang, but around the world, people have generously opened their wallets and sent planeloads of food, water, medicine and equipment. Rescue workers, doctors and even dogs have been sent from abroad to help the thousands of people still buried beneath the rubble of the devastated city. The biggest help came from the European Commission, the r...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga