Protest and praise from Aceh
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM While bedazzling much of the country after winning the Miss Indonesia crown, Aceh native Qory Sandrioriva's feat is also raising hackles in her notoriously conservative home province. "I'm very proud of Qory's success," said Banda Aceh housewife Heny. "Aceh has sent representatives to compete in the pageant several times, but this is the first time Aceh has achieved the highest title." ...
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Philippines closes Boracay to tourists under high security
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Electric cars made by Indonesian students featured at Jakarta motor show
- May Day march to concentrate on Monas area