Letters: Freedom of expression
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM On Jan. 1, again we heard news about the alleged attempt to kill the Danish political cartoonist, Kurt Westergaard, known for his controversial depictions of the Prophet Muhammad. The Jakarta Post on Jan. 3 reported the assailant was shot by Danish police officers. Furthermore, Danish intelligence officials said the suspect was connected to al-Shabaab, al-Qaeda's ally in East Africa. Many Mus...
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- No more Qlue as Jakarta administration introduces BERiDE
- Another phreatic eruption reported at Mt. Merapi