Foes tell Aburizal to step down over tax
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
Senior Golkar politicians hailed Golkar Party chairman Aburizal Bakrie’s stance on the government coalition and the Bank Century bailout, but demanded he step down until the tax evasion allegations against him were resolved.
They said the allegations would be exploited by Golkar’s main political foe, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono’s Democratic Party.
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- 2 killed, 7 injured in Java quake: Agency
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles