Foes tell Aburizal to step down over tax
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
Senior Golkar politicians hailed Golkar Party chairman Aburizal Bakrie’s stance on the government coalition and the Bank Century bailout, but demanded he step down until the tax evasion allegations against him were resolved.
They said the allegations would be exploited by Golkar’s main political foe, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono’s Democratic Party.
- 8 Chinese New Year dishes and their meaning
- Police step up investigation into graft case involving Sylviana Murni
- 35,000 MW program achievable by 2021: DEN
- Trump’s shadow over Freeport won’t bend Indonesia
- FPI leader calls for withdrawal of banknotes with ‘communist symbol’
- Ahok in lead, followed by Anies, Agus after debate: Pollster
- Singapore urged to speed up immigration checks for Indonesians
- Fertilizer factory worth $1.5b to be developed in Papua
- Police urged to be more critical in handling public reports
- Jakarta elections commission to engage public in sorting, folding ballots