Foes tell Aburizal to step down over tax
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
Senior Golkar politicians hailed Golkar Party chairman Aburizal Bakrie’s stance on the government coalition and the Bank Century bailout, but demanded he step down until the tax evasion allegations against him were resolved.
They said the allegations would be exploited by Golkar’s main political foe, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono’s Democratic Party.
- Why foreigners play American superheroes and that's (mostly) fine
- Wreaths for Ahok reach thousand
- Anies' victory raises Muslim dignity in politics: PKS
- Indonesian militants can ‘easily’ enter Philippines
- 7-Eleven sold as business declines
- Nicki Minaj features Indonesian designer’s work in latest music video
- Nigerian man shot dead in drugs bust
- Sandiaga to provide entrepreneurship program for thugs
- Role of women seen as vital to resisting Islamic extremism
- Duterte's duty: Unite ASEAN and push for early Code of Conduct in the South China Sea