Letters: The real root causes of poverty
The Jakarta Post
In response to your editorial of Feb. 27, poverty exists everywhere and its root causes are ingrained in our human psyche. The Indonesian style of poverty is endemic to all tropical-based cultures. For thousands of years or more, tropical inhabitants had everything they needed for basic survival.
On the contrary, in most of the Northern hemisphere, the situation was totally different. Peop...
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 5.4 magnitude quake hits Solok, kills one