More flee following strongest eruption yet at Mt. Sinabung
The Jakarta Post
Mount Sinabung in Karo regency, North Sumatra, erupted again early Friday, with volcanologists calling this latest eruption stronger than two previous eruptions, prompting residents to return to shelters.
The Volcanology and Geological Disaster Mitigation Center (PVMBG) said the third eruption began at 4:38 a.m. and lasted 13 minutes.
PVMBG head Surono said the eruption was very powe...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga