More flee following strongest eruption yet at Mt. Sinabung
The Jakarta Post
Mount Sinabung in Karo regency, North Sumatra, erupted again early Friday, with volcanologists calling this latest eruption stronger than two previous eruptions, prompting residents to return to shelters.
The Volcanology and Geological Disaster Mitigation Center (PVMBG) said the third eruption began at 4:38 a.m. and lasted 13 minutes.
PVMBG head Surono said the eruption was very powe...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- Three witnesses to be questioned in ex-Garuda boss' bribery case
- SHORT STORY: Love as sweet as poison
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- Deputy gubernatorial candidate notes error in police summons