Ibas and Aliya get engaged
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
It was a special day for President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono and close political ally Coordinating Minister for the Economy Hatta Rajasa as they saw their children united in an engagement ceremony held Wednesday evening in Jakarta.
The youngest son of President Yudhoyono, Edhie “Ibas” Baskoro pledged to wed Siti Ruby Aliya Rajasa, Hatta’s daughter at the engagement ceremony.
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- Florida cities are most at risk from climate change: Report