Palestine gets NAM support for liberty, UN membership
Abdul Khalik and Desy Nurhayati
The Jakarta Post
Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) ministers ended the movement’s 16th intersessional meeting here Friday with strong support for an independent Palestinian state based on the 1967 borders with East Jerusalem as its capital.
The 120 members of the movement also vowed to get as much recognition as possible to allow Palestine UN membership in case a two-state peace process mediated by the Quartet, ...
- Australian arrested for alleged street assault
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu