Palestine gets NAM support for liberty, UN membership
Abdul Khalik and Desy Nurhayati
The Jakarta Post
Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) ministers ended the movement’s 16th intersessional meeting here Friday with strong support for an independent Palestinian state based on the 1967 borders with East Jerusalem as its capital.
The 120 members of the movement also vowed to get as much recognition as possible to allow Palestine UN membership in case a two-state peace process mediated by the Quartet, ...
- Noose tightens around FPI leader
- Pinot competes with Beyonce in annual social media awards
- Businessman detained for tax evasion
- Anti graft body may detain ex-Garuda Indonesia CEO on Rolls Royce deals
- Three Indonesians kidnapped by Abu Sayyaf
- Police ban transgender cultural event in South Sulawesi
- Restaurant presents live penguins as part of conservation program
- Protesters make their mark on Trump's inauguration
- Asia’s most and least powerful passports
- 2NE1 to say ‘Good Bye’ to their fans