GarudaFood, Suntory form joint venture
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Local major food producer PT GarudaFood and Suntory Beverage and Food Limited (SBF), a subsidiary of Japan’s second-largest beverage firm, Suntory Group, have agreed to a set up a joint venture to develop non-alcoholic beverages in Indonesia.
GarudaFood Group CEO Sudhamek AWS said on Friday that the collaboration would enable his firm to reach its target of becoming the market leader in the domestic beverage industry, in line with SBF’s goal to make Indonesia its export production base in Southeast Asia.
SBF would have a 51 percent stake in the new firm, while GarudaFood would hold the remaining 49 percent, he added.
SBF, which produces various non-alcoholic drinks such as Suntory Oolong Tea, Boss and Orangina, has a global network covering Asia, America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
Last year, it booked RP 183 trillion (US$21.41 billion) in sales.
- Protesters put pressure on Metro TV, Kompas TV over ‘biased reporting’
- Islamic religious texts must be read in context to understand blasphemy
- LIVE REPORT: Anti-Ahok rally
- 8 arrested on treason charges ahead of rally
- Hard for Ahok to bounce back: Expert
- N. Sumatra governor fires official after intimidation from angry anti-Ahok crowd
- Singer Ahmad Dhani, activists declared treason suspects
- Thousands of worshipers flock to Monas for anti-Ahok gathering
- Government urged to control flood of textile imports from China
- C.Java protesters demand Ahok’s immediate incarceration