Transjakarta feeder service begins today
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: The Jakarta Transportation Agency is expected to launch a feeder service Wednesday for the Transjakarta bus rapid transit (BRT) system that will serve as a network to connect Jakarta’s suburbs with the BRT network.
Jakarta Transportation Agency head Udar Pristono said the feeder service would be available soon after a ceremony at the West Jakarta Municipal office in Kembangan.
The feeder service will connect residential areas to Transjakarta shelters, as well as ferry commuters to commercial or business districts from Transjakarta shelters. The service is also expected to carry passengers to other transportation hubs such as railway stations.
The feeder routes are Route 1 connecting the West Jakarta Municipal Office and Daan Mogot, Route 2 connecting Tanah Abang and Merdeka Selatan, and Route 3 connecting SCBD and Senayan.
The fare will be Rp 6,500 (72 US cents), which covers tickets for both the feeder service and Transjakarta buses.
- Two Malaysians arrested in Batam for suspected human trafficking
- Two foreign tourists die in motorcycle accident in Bali
- Man accused of charging illegal fees to former East Timor residents
- Industry risks startup bubble
- Victory in sight, Clinton still grapples with negative views
- LPG explosion in Pizza Hut outlet destroys four buildings
- Jokowi's achievements need closer scrutiny: Indef
- Australian delegation to meet trade minister Monday for meat talks
- Hong Kong to lure tourists with food festival
- EU supports development of Lake Toba tourism