Transjakarta feeder service begins today
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: The Jakarta Transportation Agency is expected to launch a feeder service Wednesday for the Transjakarta bus rapid transit (BRT) system that will serve as a network to connect Jakarta’s suburbs with the BRT network.
Jakarta Transportation Agency head Udar Pristono said the feeder service would be available soon after a ceremony at the West Jakarta Municipal office in Kembangan.
The feeder service will connect residential areas to Transjakarta shelters, as well as ferry commuters to commercial or business districts from Transjakarta shelters. The service is also expected to carry passengers to other transportation hubs such as railway stations.
The feeder routes are Route 1 connecting the West Jakarta Municipal Office and Daan Mogot, Route 2 connecting Tanah Abang and Merdeka Selatan, and Route 3 connecting SCBD and Senayan.
The fare will be Rp 6,500 (72 US cents), which covers tickets for both the feeder service and Transjakarta buses.
- Grassroots war on rabies
- Good nutrition entails safe drinking water
- Award-winning comedy series ‘Silicon Valley’ returns for season 3
- Rationality, deficit in democracy
- Jokowi meets with German President, discusses death penalty
- Repair harm done to Jakarta Bay, fishermen demand
- Indonesia to learn vocational education from Germany: Minister
- 1965 victims: We don’t want communism, just reconciliation
- Cold rice balls, no flush toilets at quake-hit Japan shelter
- NU calls on govt. to reveal truth behind 1965 tragedy