Kuningan City mall to open in November
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: The Kuningan City superblock mall is in its final stage of construction and will be open to the public next month, the developer said on Friday.
“The mall will be opened on Nov. 24,” said Wendy Haryanto, chief operations officer of PT Sejahtera Kelola Abadi – a member of property developer Agung Podomoro Group which is handling the Kuningan City superblock construction.
Wendy said that the six-floor-mall would host more than 220 tenants offering various products for urban-professional customers.
“So far, the mall is 85 percent occupied. We are still negotiating with other applicants to fill the remaining 15 percent,” Wendy said.
She added that food and beverages as well as leisure stores would account for about 35 percent of total tenants.
“Apartment and office buildings encircle Kuningan City. We want to provide food and beverage as well as leisure for people living and working nearby,” Wendy said.
Tenants who are already confirmed include Lotte Mart, Best Denki, Cinema XXI, Eatery/Duck King and Amazing Zone.
On Friday, Kuningan City mall signed agreements with PT Primer Globalindo which will run three stores supplying branded products, ACE Hardware which will run a home appliances store and Polish fitness-chain operator Pure Jatomi Health & Fitness whose branch at the mall will be its first in Indonesia.
Wendy said that those tenants would be Kuningan City’s main attractions, unlike department stores in several other high-class malls in Jakarta.
According to Wendy, the total investment in the superblock, which also included a 39-floor-apartment and a 32-floor-office building, amounted to Rp 2.1 trillion (US$234.24 million). The first apartment handover would be carried out in late December and the office tower would start operating in late January or early February, Wendy said.
- Indonesia calls for rejuvenated UN for successful SDGs
- Industry risks startup bubble
- South Korea launches second Indonesian submarine
- Indonesia, Malaysia eye trade expansion beyond palm oil, petroleum
- Sampoerna projects 2 percent decline in cigarette sales this year
- Jokowi instructs military, police to eradicate illegal levies
- Govt sets up special unit to tackle illegal levies
- Ahok explains to police about religious defamation allegation
- 'Thank you for no more discrimination against Chinese-Indonesians'
- Indonesia lures Japanese to invest in Batam