Aceh governor defends punk arrests
The Jakarta Post
Aceh Governor Irwandi Yusuf has defended the provincial sharia police’s decision to arrest 65 youths during a recent punk rock concert in Banda Aceh, following protests from local and overseas punk communities.
Irwandi said that the youths had been arrested because they had falsified documents in order to obtain a permit for the concert from the police and the Aceh branch of the Indonesia...
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Jakarta x Beauty festival seeks to promote self-confidence
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- Govt to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- Vice President Kalla promises shelter for Rohingya refugees in Aceh
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape