Aceh governor defends punk arrests
The Jakarta Post
Aceh Governor Irwandi Yusuf has defended the provincial sharia police’s decision to arrest 65 youths during a recent punk rock concert in Banda Aceh, following protests from local and overseas punk communities.
Irwandi said that the youths had been arrested because they had falsified documents in order to obtain a permit for the concert from the police and the Aceh branch of the Indonesia...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- Florida cities are most at risk from climate change: Report
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey