Aceh governor defends punk arrests
The Jakarta Post
Aceh Governor Irwandi Yusuf has defended the provincial sharia police’s decision to arrest 65 youths during a recent punk rock concert in Banda Aceh, following protests from local and overseas punk communities.
Irwandi said that the youths had been arrested because they had falsified documents in order to obtain a permit for the concert from the police and the Aceh branch of the Indonesia...
- Pertamina renewable investment portion to reach 15 percent by 2030
- Google Assistant adds more languages in global push
- Apple plans upgrades to popular AirPods headphones
- Construction of Central Jakarta Police headquarters to begin in April
- Actor Stephen Fry reveals battle with prostate cancer
- What to watch for in gadgets, deals from the biggest mobile show
- Hopeful travelers line up overnight for flight promotions
- Deputy governor Perry Warjiyo nominated to head Bank Indonesia
- Bogor reduces more than 5 tons of waste a day
- Death toll in Syria enclave tops 500 after UN delays truce vote