Mining, plantation disputes to intensify
The Jakarta Post
Environmental groups predict that land disputes over mining and plantation activities will intensify throughout the country in the coming months and they have called on President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono to immediately audit the operation of palm oil and mining companies.
The groups, including palm oil business watchdog Sawit Watch and the Mining Advocacy Network (Jatam) said that Yudhoyono...
- Danger of terrorist recidivism in prisons
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- Citilink’s first new Airbus A320neo arrives in Indonesia
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- More than 50 companies express interest in Bontang oil refinery construction
- Fans in Japan rush to get Murakami book with esoteric title
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links
- Police beef up security in Intan Jaya
- Banten administration questions slow progress of Serang-Panimbang toll road