Letter: On rabies in Bali
The Jakarta Post
I would like to respond to an article by Arie Rukmantara “Bali lowers rabies alert level: Good news or bad?” posted on The Jakarta Post on Feb. 16.
We always knew that in a situation like Bali, three island-wide rabies vaccination campaigns would be necessary. Our first campaign saw an approximate 70 percent reduction in rabies cases, and the second campaign made further progress. Howev...
- Kim becomes first North Korean leader to cross border into South since war
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- House ratifies protocol on financial services in ASEAN region
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Bank Indonesia open to rate rises
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- Ship's captain named suspect in Balikpapan oil spill