Police wield the power of female beauty at Monas
The Jakarta Post
The sudden downpour was probably the main reason for the thinning out of protester crowds around Merdeka Square, Central Jakarta, on Tuesday afternoon, but the police also claimed credit for the lowering of tensions for having fielded their special weapon: A small group of beautiful policewomen.
The Jakarta Police deployed 84 police officers, including 30 policewomen to the area, where they...
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games