NTB home to 12,000 street children
The Jakarta Post
(Kompas.com/Caroline Damanik)West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) is ranked second in the country in terms of the highest number of street children after East Nusa Tenggara (NTT), according to the social service agency.
The two provinces have 12,764 and 12,937 street children respectively.
According to national data from 2010, the number of street children in Indonesia stood at 85,013, scattered...
- Trump’s shadow over Freeport won’t bend Indonesia
- Police step up investigation into graft case involving Sylviana Murni
- FPI leader calls for withdrawal of banknotes with ‘communist symbol’
- Ahok in lead, followed by Anies, Agus after debate: Pollster
- Jakarta elections commission to engage public in sorting, folding ballots
- Singapore urged to speed up immigration checks for Indonesians
- Police urged to be more critical in handling public reports
- Fertilizer factory worth $1.5b to be developed in Papua
- Energy minister reported over mineral export ban relaxation
- Radicalism has dangerous effect on economy