Poll puts Aceh’s peace record
Hotli Simanjuntak and Nani Afrida
The Jakarta Post
Seven years after the end of a 30-year bloody separatist conflict, the future security and peace of Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam will rest on Monday’s local gubernatorial election, which has already been marred with a wave of violence that is related to the supporters of candidates.
Around 3.2 million eligible voters are slated to go to the polls to select five candidates; former Free Aceh M...
- Indonesian court rejects petition to outlaw premarital, gay sex
- Indonesia under threat of deviant sexual practices: IPB professor
- BTS’ ‘DNA’ enters Billboard’s 100 Best Songs of 2017
- Bali still safe for tourists: Governor
- Court ruling on extramarital, gay sex draws mixed reactions from netizens
- Quebec probes ban on women at construction sites near mosques
- Indonesia's asbestos 'time bomb'
- Pertamina to upgrade 3 refineries for processing sour crude oil
- Pertamina plans expansion into renewable energy
- The Djuanda Declaration has more to offer