Poll puts Aceh’s peace record
Hotli Simanjuntak and Nani Afrida
The Jakarta Post
Seven years after the end of a 30-year bloody separatist conflict, the future security and peace of Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam will rest on Monday’s local gubernatorial election, which has already been marred with a wave of violence that is related to the supporters of candidates.
Around 3.2 million eligible voters are slated to go to the polls to select five candidates; former Free Aceh M...
- 8 Chinese New Year dishes and their meaning
- Police step up investigation into graft case involving Sylviana Murni
- 35,000 MW program achievable by 2021: DEN
- Trump’s shadow over Freeport won’t bend Indonesia
- FPI leader calls for withdrawal of banknotes with ‘communist symbol’
- Ahok in lead, followed by Anies, Agus after debate: Pollster
- Singapore urged to speed up immigration checks for Indonesians
- Fertilizer factory worth $1.5b to be developed in Papua
- Police urged to be more critical in handling public reports
- Jakarta elections commission to engage public in sorting, folding ballots