Poll puts Aceh’s peace record
Hotli Simanjuntak and Nani Afrida
The Jakarta Post
Seven years after the end of a 30-year bloody separatist conflict, the future security and peace of Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam will rest on Monday’s local gubernatorial election, which has already been marred with a wave of violence that is related to the supporters of candidates.
Around 3.2 million eligible voters are slated to go to the polls to select five candidates; former Free Aceh M...
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash