Irwandi claims foul play during poll, plans court date
Hotli Simanjuntak and Nani Afrida
The Jakarta Post
Aceh gubernatorial candidate Irwandi Yusuf, the province’s incumbent governor, said on Tuesday that there were indications of fraud and elaborate intimidation by rivals before and during Monday’s local election.
Although the result of the election will not be officially announced until next week, Irwandi seemed to be sure that he was on the losing side after a nonofficial “quick coun...
- Indonesian education index lower than Philippines, Ethiopia
- KPK found $200,000 during Andi Narogong’s arrest
- Barus now symbol of ‘Islam Nusantara’
- Candidates rachet up tensions
- US military aircraft waiting for repair team: Commander
- Densus 88 searches house of suspected terrorist in Ciputat
- Bali to join Earth Hour
- Papuan separatists end resistance, pledge allegiance to NKRI
- Papua to get 5 percent, Luhut says on Freeport divestment
- Modern public library prepared for East Jakarta