Old age disqualifies two from Cherry Bell
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Girl band Cherry Belle must let go two of its members, Devi Noviaty And Sarwendah “Wenda” Tan, as they are considered too old for the band’s image.
Both Devi and Wenda, respectively 24 and 22 years old, are deemed unsuitable for the girl band, whose members’ ages range from 18 to 20 years old.
“Yes, they [Devi and Wenda] have grown up,” producer Dino Raturandang said as quoted by kompas.com on Friday.
Dino added that the management had planned to hold an audition to find two new girls to replace Devi And Wenda. Meanwhile, the former Cherry Belle girls will be paired as a duo in another music project.
The announcement has devastated fans, leaving some in tears.
- Convenient confusion: Indonesia's incorporation of international law
- Indonesia up 15 places in Ease of Doing Business index
- Indonesia-Australia continue to strengthen cooperation: Bishop
- Govt to allow nickel ore, bauxite exports under new rules
- Leessang’s Kang Gary to leave ‘Running Man’
- Jessica prepared for Thursday's verdict
- Jokowi set to open Interpol conference in Bali next month
- Govt foils attempts to smuggle Rp 33.15b worth lobster seeds
- Doctor Strange is not Sherlock with magic, says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Green facility launched to promote economy, achieves climate targets