Old age disqualifies two from Cherry Bell
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Girl band Cherry Belle must let go two of its members, Devi Noviaty And Sarwendah “Wenda” Tan, as they are considered too old for the band’s image.
Both Devi and Wenda, respectively 24 and 22 years old, are deemed unsuitable for the girl band, whose members’ ages range from 18 to 20 years old.
“Yes, they [Devi and Wenda] have grown up,” producer Dino Raturandang said as quoted by kompas.com on Friday.
Dino added that the management had planned to hold an audition to find two new girls to replace Devi And Wenda. Meanwhile, the former Cherry Belle girls will be paired as a duo in another music project.
The announcement has devastated fans, leaving some in tears.
- Agus promises Chinese-Indonesians he will uphold unity in Jakarta
- Police plane crashes in Riau Islands waters, 13 feared dead
- Indonesia sees more local Warren Buffett-style investors
- Rally ends on cautious note
- Susi receives honorary degree from Undip
- Treason suspects intended to mobilize mass to occupy House: Police
- Anti-Jokowi figures charged with treason
- Police show strong response despite rally running peacefully
- Jokowi changes tune in handling rally
- Musician Ahmad Dhani released, remains suspect