Strengthening Indonesia’s links, position, contribution at the G20
Maria Monica Wihardja
Jakarta | Wed, April 25 2012 | 07:41 am
PREMIUMIndonesia’s geopolitical position has been raised to the international level by its G20 membership. However, many still see it as the “elephant in the room” with its huge population and large entourage but little contribution.
One of its most praised contributions and examples of leadership was its ability to phase out fossil-fuel subsidies in 2008.
But, a probable failure to ...
- Jokowi promotes Pancasila amid rising sectarianism
- Rizieq Shihab named suspect in pornography case while abroad
- VP’s daughter reports Ahok supporter for alleged defamation against Kalla
- Trailer released for ‘Harry Potter’ prequel about Voldemort
- Skytrain to start operations next month at Soekarno-Hatta Airport
- ‘Jokowi Undercover’ author sentenced to three years in prison
- Police arrest suspected terrorist in Central Java
- Kaesang criticizes viral video of children chanting 'hate speech', calls for tolerance
- Police warns against online witch hunts
- Indonesia projected to become net LNG importer by 2022
SE Asia2,000 trapped as fighting rages in Philippine city: Govt
Fitri Bintang Timur Researcher at the Department of Politics and International Relations, Centre for Strategic and International Studies
Indonesian Blue Berets consistent
LifeHalal soy sauce being developed with help of Muslim students
TravelBritish Airways returns to normal schedule after IT crash