To what end, ASEAN?
Kevin HR Villanueva
With the hype and fanfare settled over the recent 20th ASEAN Summit in Phnom Penh, the ASEAN Secretariat has turned its eyes back to the headquarters in Jakarta, and the 10 heads of state are safe and back to the daily grind of national politics.
But the summer respite leaves us wondering whether the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) genuinely offers benefits to member states....
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Saudi state carrier hit by system failure ahead of haj
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- US believes missing journalist Tice still alive after six years
- Congresswoman-elect kidnapped in Mexico: Official