To what end, ASEAN?
Kevin HR Villanueva
With the hype and fanfare settled over the recent 20th ASEAN Summit in Phnom Penh, the ASEAN Secretariat has turned its eyes back to the headquarters in Jakarta, and the 10 heads of state are safe and back to the daily grind of national politics.
But the summer respite leaves us wondering whether the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) genuinely offers benefits to member states....
- No flight attendants in bikinis for Vietjet’s upcoming route
- Indonesian firm to construct coal port in Vietnam
- All Germany's gold returned from French vaults
- Russia offers nuke power to Indonesia
- Indonesia needs to realize its sharia economy potential
- Nike bazaar ends in chaos on Tuesday
- Trade Ministry, Eximbank to boost financing for exporters
- Almonds help rid body of bad cholesterol
- Foo Fighters’ Taylor Hawkins: Computer-made pop music is depressing
- Myanmarese fugitive arrested for trafficking