Deciphering the stalled Timor Leste’s membership bid
Benny YP Siahaan
Reportedly, on June 21-22, the Working Group (WG) to assess the implications of Timor Leste’s bid for ASEAN membership will meet for the first time in Jakarta. The meeting is very important because it will chart the direction the WG’s subsequent meetings.
The WG was established as two ASEAN Summits under Indonesia’s Chairmanship in 2011 were unable to make concrete decisions on Timor...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Opposition questions Jokowi’s policy on foreign workers
- Prabowo's presidential bid hangs in the balance