Deciphering the stalled Timor Leste’s membership bid
Benny YP Siahaan
Jakarta | Wed, June 20 2012 | 10:56 am
PREMIUMReportedly, on June 21-22, the Working Group (WG) to assess the implications of Timor Leste’s bid for ASEAN membership will meet for the first time in Jakarta. The meeting is very important because it will chart the direction the WG’s subsequent meetings.
The WG was established as two ASEAN Summits under Indonesia’s Chairmanship in 2011 were unable to make concrete decisions on Timor...
- Convicted drug smuggler Corby returns to Australia from Bali
- Police arrest another man with suspected links to E. Jakarta bombings
- Man nabbed for spreading fake chat impersonating top cops
- New rule could give banks more headaches
- Girl locked up for days by new Facebook friend in West Jakarta
- Three dead as truck rams into motorcyclists in Medan
- Extraordinary measures needed to root out terrorists: BIN chief
- To control population, Yogyakarta offers Rp 1 million for men to undergo vasectomies
- Investigation of helicopter procurement graft might target higher officials
- Jakarta train stations to provide passengers with 'takjil'
SE Asia2,000 trapped as fighting rages in Philippine city: Govt
Sri Rahayu Founder and managing partner of the Rahayu & Partners law firm
How to address non-performing toll concessions
Life‘Young Sheldon’ trailer shows family life, how to annoy teachers
TravelUS weighs banning laptop computers on international flights