Deciphering the stalled Timor Leste’s membership bid
Benny YP Siahaan
Reportedly, on June 21-22, the Working Group (WG) to assess the implications of Timor Leste’s bid for ASEAN membership will meet for the first time in Jakarta. The meeting is very important because it will chart the direction the WG’s subsequent meetings.
The WG was established as two ASEAN Summits under Indonesia’s Chairmanship in 2011 were unable to make concrete decisions on Timor...
- Indonesia seeks immediate return of two fishermen released by Abu Sayyaf
- ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ actor Jun Tae-soo dies
- US Defense Secretary Mattis holds meeting with Retno
- BI, government team up to control inflation
- 'Angkot' drivers protest Tanah Abang street closure
- EDITORIAL: Threat to Indonesian press
- Zero down-payment housing not for all: Sandiaga
- Shuttlers try newly renovated Istora stadium ahead of Indonesia Masters
- City plans to build permanent bridges in South Jakarta
- 'Scandal,' the show that Twitter built, bows out