Media warned on Papua as death toll increases
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
Papua caretaker governor Syamsul Arief Rivai lamented the killing of another civilian in the latest assault blamed on a secessionist armed group in the province, while the police warned the media against focusing too much on the so-called separatists.
“The provincial administration and the Papuan people express our condolences over the death of a village head in Keerom regency. We are dee...
- Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
- Snake eats human in Sulawesi, under pressure of deforestation: Expert
- EDITORIAL: Separating faith and state
- Indonesia, France talk about palm oil and aircraft industry
- Police ready to handle large anti-Ahok rally this week
- Ahok's controversial speech not aimed at wooing voters: Expert
- Fears for Indonesian park's rare species as Trump town rises
- Police call on protesters to stay away from election-related political issues
- West Nusa Tenggara governor named special envoy for breastfeeding
- Lion Air co-founder awarded Légion d'Honneur