Media warned on Papua as death toll increases
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
Papua caretaker governor Syamsul Arief Rivai lamented the killing of another civilian in the latest assault blamed on a secessionist armed group in the province, while the police warned the media against focusing too much on the so-called separatists.
“The provincial administration and the Papuan people express our condolences over the death of a village head in Keerom regency. We are dee...
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- Afghan migrants go on rampage at Balikpapan detention center
- Bridge collapses in Tegal, Central Java
- Say no to plastic straws, urges antiplastic campaign
- Avicii death a coming-of-age in electronic music boom
- Jagorawi toll traffic under control thanks to odd-even policy: Jasa Marga
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Sumatran tiger captured after 100 days of hunting
- Nine injured in Thousand Islands boat explosion