KPK coin drive gets cool response in Yogya
The Jakarta Post
Activists in Yogyakarta have raised a lackluster Rp 628,000 (US$67) to build a new office for the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK).
The coordinator of the People’s Coalition for Coin Donations for the KPK, Baharudin Kamba, said that the money had been collected since June 26 from passersby in downtown Yogyakarta, including at Ground Zero and Tugu Station.
The “Coins for th...
- Chinese star Andy Lau fractures spine from horse riding accident
- Indonesian cable TV, property tycoon in DC to attend Trump's inauguration
- Activists apply for judicial review of relaxation of mineral export ban
- Zoo defends conditions following video of sun bears begging for food
- Small farmers not to blame for peat fires: Walhi
- Agus to prioritize dialogue in handling intolerant groups
- Harry Potter-themed café opens in Singapore
- Apple to raise UK app prices to counter weak pound
- Police investigate possible insult to state symbol during FPI rally
- First-borns tend to be less healthy, study suggests