KPK coin drive gets cool response in Yogya
The Jakarta Post
Activists in Yogyakarta have raised a lackluster Rp 628,000 (US$67) to build a new office for the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK).
The coordinator of the People’s Coalition for Coin Donations for the KPK, Baharudin Kamba, said that the money had been collected since June 26 from passersby in downtown Yogyakarta, including at Ground Zero and Tugu Station.
The “Coins for th...
- Indonesian firm to construct coal port in Vietnam
- No flight attendants in bikinis for Vietjet’s upcoming route
- West Jakarta to collect tax arrears for hundreds of rental cars
- Trade Ministry, Eximbank to boost financing for exporters
- Russia offers nuke power to Indonesia
- South Africa's first online rhino horn auction set to open
- All Germany's gold returned from French vaults
- Indonesia needs to realize its sharia economy potential
- Khofifah has not resigned from the Cabinet, yet: Palace
- Foo Fighters’ Taylor Hawkins: Computer-made pop music is depressing