KPK coin drive gets cool response in Yogya
The Jakarta Post
Activists in Yogyakarta have raised a lackluster Rp 628,000 (US$67) to build a new office for the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK).
The coordinator of the People’s Coalition for Coin Donations for the KPK, Baharudin Kamba, said that the money had been collected since June 26 from passersby in downtown Yogyakarta, including at Ground Zero and Tugu Station.
The “Coins for th...
- Ahok faces threats in Cipinang prison: Warden
- Two Bali foreign inmates caught in Timor Leste
- Prosecutors in e-ID case demand former Home Ministry officials be jailed
- How embargo affects Qatar investment in Indonesia
- Batam, Yokohama to collaborate in urban development projects
- Bank Indonesia sets chip technology standard for ATMs, debit cards
- Facebook gets Indonesia nod for local unit
- East Jakarta robbery gang well managed: Police
- Beijing's new mega airport will challenge Air China's dominance
- Most crimes in Jakarta committed by youngsters: Research