KPK coin drive gets cool response in Yogya
The Jakarta Post
Activists in Yogyakarta have raised a lackluster Rp 628,000 (US$67) to build a new office for the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK).
The coordinator of the People’s Coalition for Coin Donations for the KPK, Baharudin Kamba, said that the money had been collected since June 26 from passersby in downtown Yogyakarta, including at Ground Zero and Tugu Station.
The “Coins for th...
- Indonesian education index lower than Philippines, Ethiopia
- KPK found $200,000 during Andi Narogong’s arrest
- Candidates rachet up tensions
- US military aircraft waiting for repair team: Commander
- Barus now symbol of ‘Islam Nusantara’
- Densus 88 searches house of suspected terrorist in Ciputat
- Bali to join Earth Hour
- Papuan separatists end resistance, pledge allegiance to NKRI
- Residents in eastern Depok to have new hospital
- Papua to get 5 percent, Luhut says on Freeport divestment