KPK coin drive gets cool response in Yogya
The Jakarta Post
Activists in Yogyakarta have raised a lackluster Rp 628,000 (US$67) to build a new office for the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK).
The coordinator of the People’s Coalition for Coin Donations for the KPK, Baharudin Kamba, said that the money had been collected since June 26 from passersby in downtown Yogyakarta, including at Ground Zero and Tugu Station.
The “Coins for th...
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- No more Qlue as Jakarta administration introduces BERiDE