Jakarta Great Sale declared roaring success
The Jakarta Post
Mall-hoppers bade farewell to the capital’s shopping fiesta, called the Jakarta Great Sale Festival, which ended on Saturday after catering to shopaholics for more than a month.
As lucky shoppers snapped up heavily discounted goods, the festival’s promoters were in a jovial mood after reaching their target of Rp 10 trillion (US$1.05 billion) in transactions.
“Shoppers and the o...
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- Sony's new super-fast cameras are winning over the pros
- Iran unveils next generation missile: Media
- School boy, 14, runs for Vermont governor
- China designs spacecraft to extend lifespan of satellites
- Former S. Korea presidential hopeful acquitted in sex abuse case
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- Defending territorial integrity over Natuna islands
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world