New Kupang mayor pledges pro-people policies
The Jakarta Post
East Nusa Tenggara (NTT) Governor Frans Leburaya, on behalf of the Home Minister, swore in Yonas Salean and Harmanus Man, respectively, as mayor and deputy mayor of Kupang on Wednesday for the 2012-2017 period.
The swearing-in ceremony for the pair, who were elected in June as independents. was held at the Kupang legislative building.
Present at the ceremony were Kupang council speak...
- Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
- Snake eats human in Sulawesi, under pressure of deforestation: Expert
- EDITORIAL: Separating faith and state
- Indonesia, France talk about palm oil and aircraft industry
- Police ready to handle large anti-Ahok rally this week
- Fears for Indonesian park's rare species as Trump town rises
- Ahok's controversial speech not aimed at wooing voters: Expert
- Police call on protesters to stay away from election-related political issues
- West Nusa Tenggara governor named special envoy for breastfeeding
- Lion Air co-founder awarded Légion d'Honneur