New Kupang mayor pledges pro-people policies
The Jakarta Post
East Nusa Tenggara (NTT) Governor Frans Leburaya, on behalf of the Home Minister, swore in Yonas Salean and Harmanus Man, respectively, as mayor and deputy mayor of Kupang on Wednesday for the 2012-2017 period.
The swearing-in ceremony for the pair, who were elected in June as independents. was held at the Kupang legislative building.
Present at the ceremony were Kupang council speak...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau