Krakatau Steel to build $400m hot strip mill in 2013
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia’s largest steelmaker, PT Krakatau Steel (KRAS), plans to spend up to US$400 million on a new hot strip mill next year as part of its expansion plan.
The firm is conducting a feasibility study and should begin land acquisition gradually by the end of this year, president director Irvan Kamal Hakim said on Monday in Jakarta.
Krakatau had yet to pick a location for the new...
- Indonesian education index lower than Philippines, Ethiopia
- KPK found $200,000 during Andi Narogong’s arrest
- Barus now symbol of ‘Islam Nusantara’
- Candidates rachet up tensions
- US military aircraft waiting for repair team: Commander
- Densus 88 searches house of suspected terrorist in Ciputat
- Bali to join Earth Hour
- Papuan separatists end resistance, pledge allegiance to NKRI
- Papua to get 5 percent, Luhut says on Freeport divestment
- Modern public library prepared for East Jakarta