Krakatau Steel to build $400m hot strip mill in 2013
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia’s largest steelmaker, PT Krakatau Steel (KRAS), plans to spend up to US$400 million on a new hot strip mill next year as part of its expansion plan.
The firm is conducting a feasibility study and should begin land acquisition gradually by the end of this year, president director Irvan Kamal Hakim said on Monday in Jakarta.
Krakatau had yet to pick a location for the new...
- Three dead, 20 injured in pileup in Puncak
- Italian woman saves money for 2 years to marry Indonesian villager
- Arrested Chinese ship flees Navy guard
- Interpol-listed fugitive arrested in Bali to be deported soon
- House urged to immediately pass election bill into law
- Vocational education key to competing globally: Minister
- Silicon Valley's $400 juicer may be feeling the squeeze
- Police shooting victims treated at Mimika Hospital
- Govt launches vocational education program for C. Java, Yogyakarta
- Remittances to developing countries fall in 2016, Indonesia worse