Issues of the day: Govt backs suggestion to relocate GKI Yasmin
The Jakarta Post
Sept. 8, Online
Despite a court ruling allowing the Taman Yasmin Indonesian Christian Church (GKI) in Bogor to stay at its current location, the saga surrounding it is apparently far from over.
Following a meeting held at Hotel Salak, Bogor, on Friday a statement was issued by GKI Yasmin and NGOs on Saturday, which revealed that Home Minister Gamawan Fauzi and other ministry official...
- All ASEAN countries but Indonesia ban cigarette advertising
- Two sisters commit suicide by jumping from apartment
- Thousands sign up for Bogor Palace tour
- PAN refuses to withdraw from Cabinet
- Fires burn 64 hectares of land in West Aceh
- Hundreds of 'ojek' drivers block South Jakarta road
- EDITORIAL: Children and social media
- China urges US to stop 'unfriendly' recon flights
- NTB creates task force to tackle garbage on Mt Rinjani
- Manulife aims to attract middle-upper class clients with new insurance product